If SparkTrust Privacy Cleaner stalls, freezes, or generates an error message specifically when you attempt to Scan or Remove items, the following instructions may help to resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to help determine where SparkTrust Privacy Cleaner is experiencing difficulties during the scanning or removing process.
- Open SparkTrust Privacy Cleaner and then click on the Options tab. Click Restore Defaults at the bottom of the window then click OK.
- In the Options tab, uncheck every item on the list except for the last one: Third-Party Application History.
- Select Delete files without overwriting from the bottom of the page.
- Click the Scan tab and then click Start Scan. If the scan completes, click the Erase button. Note any difficulties with either the scan or remove phase for this category.
- Repeat Steps 2-4 for each category from the bottom up until you have successfully completed a Scan and Remove with every category.
Please let us know which categories are experiencing difficulty during either the scan or remove phase.