Prefetch files speed up your computer. They are created when your computer requests information from the memory before it is needed in order to reduce load times. Prefetch files do not automatically have administrator rights for full control; they only have read/write access.
Generally these files can be safely ignored, but if you wish to remove them please follow the instructions below:
- Restore the files from the Recycle Bin.
- Once this is complete, they should restore to the C:\Windows\Prefetch folder.
- Open My Computer, and navigate to C:\Window\Prefetch.
- Right-Click on the folder, and left-click Properties in the menu that appears.
- Click the Security tab.
- Check the Full Control checkbox in the Permissions list.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Ensure that the Replace permission entries on all child objects is checked.
- Click OK, then click the Yes button to confirm.
- Now drag and drop all prefetch files into SparkTrust Privacy Cleaner to perform a full overwrite pass and delete.